To be involved in the report or receive a copy on publication, fill in your details below:
REC USA: 30 Years of CMBS Report
30 Years of CMBS Report
Publishing date: 1 April 2024
REC USA’s 2024 30 Years of CMBS special report will be published in the April issue and sent to all subscribers in print and digital form, with all content to sit on the website and LinkedIn indefinitely.
Copies will also be made available to delegates at CREFC conferences.
30 Years of CMBS
It’s been thirty years since the first commercial mortgage-backed securities deal. Since then, a market which was created in the wake of the Savings & Loan Crisis has become a critical part of the US commercial real estate financing landscape. Here are the questions we will address:
- The history and evolution of CMBS are well-known. Where is the market now and what comes next?
- Will the way sponsors use CMBS evolve as the broader market shifts? Will the collateral in CMBS deals shift along with investor movement toward more niche sectors?
- What is the outlook for conduit, SASB, and CRE CLOs? Is there a way to keep these markets functioning in a better way during the next downturn?
- How will changes in risk retention affect the CMBS market?
- Will there be new entrants into the market?
- How will CMBS continue to evolve the servicing question?